for one 12" pizza
1/2 cup lukewarm water
1 heaping tsp yeast (1/2 package)
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flour
another 3/4 cup flour
- Put yeast in water.
- Let sit about 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir in sugar and salt.
- Add 3/4 cup of flour, mix well.
- Then add the second 3/4 cup of flour.
- Knead the dough or turn and fold in the
bowl to mix in as much of the flour as you can.
(some may be left over)
- Spread dough on a lightly oiled pizza pan.
It may seem like not enough dough at first,
but it rises and expands as you press and pinch it into shape.
- Put on sauces and toppings.
- The dough should rise for about 10-15 minutes;
the time it takes to cut up vegetables
and grate cheese, etc. is sufficient.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for about 25 minutes.
back to Domestic Recipes
back to the Wendy Mukluk home page
last update 5-15-99